Monday 21 May 2018

The Reason to Start Over New

and the reason is you...

Well, in this case, me. I just thought of the song and wanted to be cheesy.

I want to start over. I know better than anyone how many ups and downs this blog has had. Sputtering starts. False turns. An unplanned hiatus or two.

It isn't like I cannot write. I contribute regularly to other online platforms. I am a pretty devoted food blogger and love experimenting with different foods - yes, I'm vegetarian; come at me. I read so much and write book reviews for another blog. I write freelance as well.

I hereby commit, to myself and whoever chances upon this page, that I am going to try again. Yet again. Maybe this time it'll stick.

I'm doing it for me. Nobody else. This is something I have found difficult to explain to myself in the past. And present. Writing is a solitary activity. It stands to reason that you will, for extended stretches of time, be alone with yourself and your words. This is a space I enjoy occupying.

Why is it, then, that I work well on other platforms - any platform but this. Any platform but the one that is solely mine?

Is it because I know exactly what to say at those sites? Write about books. Write about food. Write a home page for our new startup. Write evocative descriptions.

I have no particular thing here that I have to write. No constraints I have to follow. Somehow, that should be more freeing. Clearly, it isn't.

I propose to write whatever pops into my head, here, atleast once a week. I'm sure I have enough thoughts in a week that atleast one would be worth penning down and turning into a blogpost.

I would like to take a moment to say thank you to the people who keep coming back to this blog ever so often and just read old posts of mine because I am fairly irregular, optimistically speaking. I am very grateful to all of you, you wonderful people. I come back to the blog after a while, and see you as numbers and locations and the fact that each of those things symbolize wonderful people behind those Google Analytics markings, and there's a sharp pang in that moment. I've let you all down.

I really intend to try. What's the worst that could happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...