Monday 28 May 2018

Review: Izu Brasserie and Bakery, City Walk

Food: 5/5
VFM: 4/5
Ambience: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Veg Friendly: 4/5


An extremely delightful restaurant that I was glad to have experienced. Everything here was so delicious, I can't wait to tell you about it!

Mocha Coffee - It was so cute, with teddy bear latte art. It tasted pretty good too - strong and not too sweet, just the way I like it. Great to laze over, sitting in the shade, on slow afternoons.


Raspberry Iced Tea - With bits of fresh raspberry, this was uniquely refreshing. I love trying out different kinds of iced tea and trust me this was one of the better ones. Writing this is making me think about it again.

Burrata with Peppers and Pesto Sauce - This was served with a generous drizzle of olive oil over the whole dish, and freshly baked bread on the side. The fresh greens made it better, as did the pesto sauce. And the burrata. So creamy and delish. I think I will always fall in love with burrata a little more, everytime I try it.


French Toast - with fresh berries, berry compote and chocolate cream. Hands down the most delicious French toast I've had the pleasure of trying. On some days, it still comes back to me in my dreams.This was delightfully soft, enchantingly chocolatey, and all round delicious.


Eggs Benedict with Spinach - Beautiful runny yolk, which we mopped up with aforementioned fresh bread. The presentation was delightful as well, and I love that they added spinach so generously. Adding greens and herbs to any dish will always do the trick for me.


Izu Burger -An amazing, meaty burger that was delicious and filling and the only thing on the table I refrained from, being a vegetarian. But I am told it was absolutely amazing with great sauces, too.

Rigatoni with Cream Sauce and Truffle Paste - Rigatoni isn't my favorite type of pasta (hello, Tagliatelle!) but it worked here because it had so much space for sauce - and the sauce was kickass. The sauce was super creamy, and the truffle was just right.



Tiramisu - Soft, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth tiramisu! They made this fresh too! The ladyfingers were soaked in very strong coffee, and the combination was just beautiful.


VFM: The ingredients were so good and fresh that I believe it was absolutely worth the price.

Ambience: A beautiful place with great decor and cozy, homely elements. We didn't even realize how we spent so much time there!


Service: Attentive staff, and very helpful with suggestions and recommendations.

Veg Friendly: More than enough vegetarian and vegan options, I did not find it lacking in the slightest.

In this world of processed food and fake ingredients, Izu stands out by their commitment to real food, made fresh.

*This review was on invite, and the meal on the house. However, all views are unbiased.*


Izu. Brasserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...