Friday 14 September 2018

In Defense of a Slower Life

I read a lot of books and blogs and websites and articles and research papers. I love learning new things. I don't always apply/implement those things in my life. Isn't knowledge enough, sometimes? The world is getting faster every day. It's about doing and moving and hustling. I don't want to hustle. I want to live my life.



I want to do the things I enjoy, not things that people say you're supposed to do. Yes, I want success. I want financial independence. But more than anything I want to be happy; to give myself permission to be happy.


I don't see why the world is about doing more and running, running, running, just running. Slow down. Breathe. Love yourself a little. Give yourself some credit. Give yourself some time to just be.

There's no set path in life. I think we 20-somethings are at the stage in our life where we're kinda starting to figure that out now. Everything is uncertain and unstable. And we're young, let's give ourselves a break. Let's understand that we don't have to know everything right now. We're allowed to make mistakes. We're allowed to take time off if we have to. We're allowed to have off days. We're allowed whatever we want to do.

If you want to hustle, sure go ahead. But you don't have to just because everyone around you supposedly is. It's not a competition. It's your life and your path and your time.

Take your time.  I don't think we should feel guilty for wanting to spend an evening curled up in bed with some hot chocolate, just reading a book. We don't have to work on our side hustle all the time. If you do want to stay in and work on your side gig, you don't have to feel guilty about not going out to hang out with your friends.

It's about what we want - at the end of the day, what's going to make us feel content. It's not about what I say or your friends say or what anyone else says.

It's about what your heart says. If that's doing 20 things off your to-do list, good. If it's doing absolutely nothing all day, good. It should be good according to what your heart says is good, not what you think you're supposed to feel.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...