Monday 27 March 2017

Review - 63 By Lane, Kandivali

Food: 4.5/5
VFM: 5/5
Ambience: 3.5/5
Service: 5/5
Veg friendly: 5/5




First off, I'd like to mention that they have an open kitchen and all dishes are freshly made right in front of you. Also, they don't use preservatives in any of their sauces, they are all disposed of if not consumed within a certain time period. Also, when they say Nutella, they use real Nutella.



They also have an assortment of oils and condiments so that you can flavor your food as per your liking.

Chilli Oil, Garlic Oil, and EVOO:



Also, fresh sauces:



Okay, now on to what we had:

We first ordered a watermelon and feta salad. There was basil, arugula, roasted walnuts, honey, all topped off with a balsamic reduction. What a great medley of flavors! I love watermelon and feta, but it isn't often combined with greens, so it was a risk on their part which pretty much paid off.



All their food is served in cute, well designed containers!



Next, a variety of pizzas. The sizes you'll see are small, they also have an option of large pizzas. Also, here there are two varieties in one pizza so that we could taste more of the options. These are only tasting portions, anything you order there will be twice this size.



On the left: 99 - Tomato sauce, mozz, caramelized onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, black olives; but without green chillies and mushrooms in my order, as I don't prefer those. It was really good. I love zucchini and caramelized onions, and of course, lots of cheese!

On the right: 91 - BBQ paneer, mozz, capsicum, onion, BBQ sauce! I don't usually like paneer on my pizza, but here I actually liked it. I think it was the addition of BBQ that actually made it better. Would definitely try this again.



On the left: 89 - tomato sauce, mozz, and basil. Classic Italian thin crust pizza. Loved it.

On the right: 04 - Four Cheese! Mozz, cheddar, gouda, and Monterey Jack cheese! I adore cheese and of course I loved this pizza, and the Alfredo sauce was a good choice.

We also had these amazing things to drink:



I preferred the lemon tea, because I'm a fan of teas and love experimenting with different kinds, except, strangely, masala tea. This one was real nice, and I loved the cute bottles.

Lime water was nice and refreshing, with chia seeds floating on top. I love chia seeds in anything so this was also a definite yes. Must try!

Next up, something I love - ravioli. This again is a half portion, so you will get twice as much when you order. Red sauce, with stuffed ravioli. The stuffing was cheese and spinach, and it was wonderful. Not many places get ravioli right, maybe the ratios are off or the casing is undercooked, but here it was perfect!



Next up, pesto risotto. This was quite heavy and filling, and the consistency was just right. Really nice, and a definite order if you are a rice-lover. I am not and still I really liked it. This place gets each and every order right. I was really amazed!



We finished the meal with some amazing Nutella Pizza! They usually add caramelized banana but I requested it to be made without. Maybe next time I will try it with the banana.



It was absolutely divine, with a generous amount of Nutella, topped with dark+white chocolate chips! A great end to a great meal. Would wholeheartedly recommend this place to everyone!


VFM: Really good quality ingredients used, fresh and without preservatives. In accordance with the focus on health and organic ingredients, I think the prices are definitely worth it.


Ambience: When I went, they were still working on an AC installation, so there was no AC at the seating area and hence it gets a tad uncomfortable. However, they are fixing it up soon, so that will not be an issue. They are also very prompt in home delivery and takeaway, so either way, no worries!


Service: Really good, and really attentive servers. They were also very knowledgeable about all the ingredients and processes.

Veg friendly: Absolutely! This is a pure veg place so of course full points for that.


*This review was on invite, and the meal on the house. However, all views are unbiased.



63 By-Lane Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...