Thursday 23 June 2016

Review - Aromas Cafe, Powai

Food: 4.5/5
VFM: 4/5
Ambience: 4.5/5
Service: 5/5

 

I've been here ever so many times but never really got around to reviewing it. It's awesome how some places just evoke certain feelings in you, irrespective of how much time has passed after your last visit.


aromas cafe powai choco chunk brownie milkshake the pretty simple life the pretty simple girl



I adore Aromas; the ambience, and most definitely the teas. They come in this adorable plunger (I agree that adorable is not an appropriate adjective for something that is used to hold tea but look at the things! When you go, I mean. I don't have a picture.) that keeps your teas warm for quite a while. It comes with a little biscotti on the saucer, which is yum. I recommend the jasmine tea and the peppermint tea. Quite a few people love the chamomile too. 

aromas cafe powai spinach and feta phyllo rolls the pretty simple life the pretty simple girl

I had the spinach and feta cheese rolls, which are my absolute favorite thing there. Actually almost everything there is amazing and so it gets really difficult to pick just one. But this is definitely top of the list for me. It's served with pesto aioli which is super. I wish they gave a little more, because I could just eat it with a spoon! I'm not sure how sane that is though.
 

aromas cafe powai aglio olio pepperonccino pasta the pretty simple life the pretty simple girl

Then, the aglio olio pepperonccino. Now, this literally translates to garlic, oil, pepperonccino (hot peppers). Here, they add olives, chili flakes and Parmesan cheese to the mix. I don't think anyone is complaining! You definitely can't go wrong with adding olives to anything. And the garlic bread that accompanied it was just delightful. Although (and this is just my opinion), don't you think aglio oilo should be spaghetti and no other kind of pasta? Nevertheless, this was pretty good too.

aromas cafe powai choco chunk brownie milkshake the pretty simple life the pretty simple girl
  
And lastly, we ordered the triple choco chunk brownie - so delish! It was a super thick milkshake and quite filling. Yet with all the chocolate you could till taste a strong coffee flavor and that's really the best part. And all the whipped cream!
 

A special mention for the prompt and impeccable service. 


Aromas Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...