Thursday 29 July 2021

Review: Skinfood Gold Kiwi Cream

Today I'm going to write about something I love talking about, and yet have not posted about in years - skincare! I adore skincare, be it the meditative act of applying it, the research that goes into studying a new product before shortlisting it, and the science-backed research I try to do before making a purchase decision. For the Skinfood Gold Kiwi Cream, I did no research at all. And yet it has become one of my most loved products.

skinfood gold kiwi cream 
 
Hi everyone! Long time, no see, but I'm happy to be back and talking about one of my favorite things - skincare! This blog post has been in my drafts for a few years. I just needed to edit and post but somehow that felt really hard. If you've read my previous blog posts you'll understand. I went off track for this blog and felt like I'd lost a sense of direction for it. That came with the fact that while I started this blog for fun, there were too many expectations suddenly, and I don't know if those were in the right direction. So now, in a moment of clarity that I ruminated on for a couple of weeks, I have finally figured out I need to go back to writing here for the joy of it. No expectations or reasons or anything. And that is what I shall do. I'll write a longer blog post about this later.

So now, what you clicked on this post for - my opinion and review of Skinfood Gold Kiwi Cream.

Skinfood is a popular Asian skincare brand that is part of the whole Korean skincare ritual school of thought. K-beauty is a fascinating area of skincare wherein people religiously follow a multi-step daily process of skincare, often going up to 7, 10 or even more steps of skincare. In fact, they have separate morning and night routines, often with different products for different times of the day. This could include cleansers, serums, emulsions, moisturizers, occlusives, sheet masks, and many more things. You'll find a wealth of information about K-beauty online, on sites much more aware of and into the whole ritual and process.

While Korean skincare has always fascinated me about their precise steps and glowing results, I've never really tried a deep dive into it. I just used to keep reading about it and trying it out for my own skincare using products I already have. I certainly did not have the disposition to try and include 10 products in my daily routine.

However, a friend gifted me the Skinfood Gold Kiwi Cream! I was delighted and I couldn't wait to try it.
 

So this is a fairly heavy cream, and according to the instructions on the jar, to be used after applying a serum or emulsion. However, I mostly used it after cleansing my face with my regular cleanser. A few times I used it directly after cleansing my face and a few times I tried applying it after a serum application. The thing with serum is you must wait for it to sink into your skin before you apply any other product. So when I was including my serum, I had to wait for a while.

To be honest I did not see much of a difference between applying serum before using the cream, or applying the cream directly. This is likely because the cream in itself has enough awesome goodness to keep my face moisturized. In fact, it kept my skin fresh and moisturized for two full days.

At the time of writing this review, I had been regularly using it for two weeks. I was going for a weekend trip, and I did not carry this as I was afraid about whether the container would be able to handle rough travel. I didn't want to risk it. So even after using a cleanser twice or thrice over the weekend, my face was still moisturized as the weekend ended. I was pleasantly surprised because I was not expecting it to be this long lasting.
 
Unedited from when I wrote this a couple years ago:
(I still apply it on a daily basis, and I'd be pretty disappointed when it gets over. I hope I get my hands on it somehow, else I will have to look for something equally awesome before this runs out. )
 
I would like to inform you that this absolutely held true and I definitely was disappointed when it ran out. I did not manage to get another jar, and I moved on to trying other things. Unfortunately I have not found a day cream that was this good. I did find a good night cream and I shall review that soon.

I have sensitive, combination skin, and this really worked. I definitely recommend using this cream. It is thick enough to use as a night cream, yet absorbs quickly enough to use as a day cream. You can include this in either your day or night regime. If you do not have a strict regime, then you can start out using this at night and seeing if it works well enough for you or is thick enough for you, else just switch it to day.

I really loved this product and I hope you guys are able to get your hands on it - it's totally worth it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...